Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 69 (LE) - Day 4 (RE)



On February 9th I decided to have my right eye operated. My left eye is 20/20 for the most part of the day. It still drifts early in the day and after 6:00 pm.

A big difference on this surgery is that my RE hurt very bad on day 1 and 2. I resisted the numbing drops since they slow the healing down.

Today, I am doing very well and I am typing with one eye covered. As expected, any light is too bright at this point.

I am thankful to God all is going well. This time, I have kept my eye moist constantly and even set my alarm up to get up about 2-3 times during the night. The "baby" gets thirsty(dried) and the Sytaine drops are going to work.

The Doctor is very pleased with the progress on the left eye. He told me that for being a post-RK patient I am well ahead of the curve. I think it is also due to my intake of vegetables(carrots, spinach. celery), vitamin C, fish oil and Lutaine supplements. The Doctor thinks the prescription should lock in at the 3-month mark. However, it might take longer for me since I have RK.



 

6 comments:

  1. John,

    Thanks for writing on my blogpost

    I really appreciate you writing the story of your recovery and updating it frequently. I think it greatly helps people to read how you are doing and compare your results to their recovery.

    I hope you a speedy recovery in the right eye as well. I will visit your post again soon for updates.

    Best wishes,
    Abhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to my blog post as well.

      https://get2knowabhi.wordpress.com/my-prk-experience/

      Thanks again and God Bless.

      Delete
  2. John:. I would love to hear how you are. I had RK in 1993. Although I did very well for 23 years, after really cataract surgery last year, my vision is very poor. The night time glasses always had is worse, and my overall acuity due to irregular astigmatism, especially with dilated pupils. Work is a struggle and I am unable to drive. Very curious about your long term results. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John. How did your surgeries end up? I had 4 cut RK in my right eye 23 years ago. Over time I noticed how it worse than my left eye first close up vision and now also distance vision. Thinking of a PRK enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John:

    I had Contoura topography guided PRK on my left eye a week ago today. Goal was to clear up higher order aberrations, improve night vision, and help recenter my optical zone. I am having a very rough time as my vision in that eye is VERY poor: roughly 20/150. Similar to you, I seem to have a focal point at about 8=9 inches, as if I am VERY nearsighted. Docs say don't worry at this point - recovery can take a LONG time, which your blog posts clearly back up. I am struggling though, and would love to hear more about your experience. Please email me at davepryor0@gmail.com if you are willing to provide more insights into your experience.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete